Tuesday, February 25, 2014

mosaic memories

I was looking through old photos this morning and happened upon a few mosic images.
You may be surprised to know that before venturing into cut paper illustration I made and sold mosaics!
Some were large instillations for gardens, patios etc, others were concrete inlaid pieces which I made using all sorts of wonderful china pieces and glass tiles. As you can see I made many shaped molds.
They where so popular that I worked every day supplying several shops. Eventually this painstaking work proved too much, the cleaning up every day alone took an hour, all my work was done inside on the dining room table! even the large ones which I cut into smaller managable pieces!
It was a lot of fun and very rewarding, looking at these, I may have to get out my mosaic tools, this time, however it will be just for fun.

No comments: